Those eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed the new ‘lick of paint’ applied to this blog. Yep, we’ve had a makeover! Previously I was using a modified version of one of the stock Tumblr themes, but I was not satisfied with the design and its ability to scale on different screen sizes (read: mobile phones) so I built my own from scratch.
The redesign actually came about due to this year’s upcoming CreativePact, in which I am taking part and needed a documentation site for. For the previous two years I used Tumblr (with, again, modified stock themes) and this year I wanted to design my own theme for the new documentation site, which I duly did.
Then, last week, I broke my collarbone falling off my bike, so hence I had a chunk of recuperation time on hand, and decided to roll out the new theme to all of the AJ-branded Tumblr sites, giving each its own highlights and background but keeping the main design the same. Here they are:
The PhD site took the longest, as it had by far the largest amount of existing material (which I also went through and edited for broken links) and a multi-page structure, which the others don’t.
I will be posting about my CreativePact project in the next couple of weeks.